ETTA 007 - Eastern Ethiopia (Awash NP, Harer & Dire Dawa) - 5 daysDay 01
- AM: Addis Ababa city tour. Visit Entoto Mountains with spectacular views over the capital and St. Mary Church and Merkato, the largest open air market in Africa. PM: Visit the National Museum and Trinity Church where church treasures are displayed. O/N at your HotelDay 02
- AM: Drive to Awash National Park. Admire Lake Beseka and the Fentale crater. PM: Game drive in Awash National Park, where one can see large herds of Beisa oryx and Soemmering's gazelle and numerous mammal and bird species. Enjoy the Kereyu traditional dance by a campfire. O/N at Awash Falls Lodge, an ecolodge in the wilderness, by the spectacular Awash River Falls.Day 03
- AM/PM: Drive to Harer, through scenic landscapes, and visit the Kulubi Gabriel church, one of the greatest pilgrimage sites of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. O/N at your hotel.Day 04
- AM: Visit the walled city of Harer, the Harari people traditional houses, the French poet Arthur Rimbaud's house and more. PM: Visit the Harer Museum, the markets and in the evening the hyena Man.Day 05
- AM/PM: Visit the Aweday Quat market and drive to Dire Dawa town, visit the old railway station (more than 100 years old) then fly/drive back to Addis.